Thursday, July 24, 2008

Never ending hour glass

I recently had a problem with my Blackberry after I loaded an application. The hour glass came on the screen and nothing I did would make the system boot properly. I tried a soft boot (ALT+RIGHT SHIFT(CAP)+DELETE), a hard boot (same keys twice), and even removing the battery. Nothing seemed to help, the hour glass just kept rotating in the middle of the screen. I finally called my character and was told "your Blackberry is dead, we'll need to send you another phone". I told them to go ahead as I couldn't think of anything else to do. It turns out both the carrier support and I were wrong. My Blackberry wasn't dead, it was just very, very slow. I plugged my phone into power and left it alone. It took 2 and a half hours but finally the phone booted up and ran normally. I haven't had any other trouble with my phone. The moral of the story is sometimes the Blackberry just needs to be left alone for a while. If you get an hour glass that refuses to go away, just let the phone be for a couple of hours.

No comments: